
We have a few superstars in the Worthington Family! Tonight Channel 2 News @5pm. Dad and Edie will make their debut! They were interviewed today (I had the pleasure of being there at Dad's interview) regarding self employed individuals that do not have Health Insurance.
Dad and I were at lunch and he got a phone call. I only heard his side of the conversation and witnessed his facial expressions. (which by the way were priceless) The conversation went something like this:
Dad: "HI?"
Dad: "I'm currently at lunch with my daughter"
Dad: "Her car is getting inspected"
Dad: "The training table by the lingerie store in Midvale"
Dad: "Oh hell I don't know the address. Suzers what South do you think this is?"
Dad: "Let me see if I can find the address. You know it's a guess but around 6800 South"
Dad: "That's fine"
Dad: "Great thanks"
He hung up the phone almost with an immediate sick look on face.
Suz: "Dad who was that?"
Dad: "Channel 2 News"
Suz:
Dad: "What the hell did I get myself into"
Suz: "Dad your going to be a superstar"
Dad: "Suz this is not funny"
Suz: (laughing)
Dad: "Still not funny. Eat fast we can leave before they get here"
I will say that Dad did a great job during the interview. You could tell he was a little nervous.
They said Edie did was really nervous as well but did a great interview! I guess it's up for us to see how well they did! :)
The best part about this.. They told dad and I they needed an "action shot".. Um okay?!?!?!
They said you get to walk with him from Training Table to the car. UM No. I whispered to the guy.. Seriously? He said yes. I said I haven't showered yet today! He said perfect! So dad and I had to do two different takes of us walking.. Don't worry the last shot I cut dad off almost tripping him. We got in the white work truck started reversing and the truck stalled. Started the truck and drove off. I was laughing so hard! Dad looks at me:
Dad: "This is is not funny"
Suz: "Dad you looked hot on the camera"
Dad: "I should have worn my BYU Jacket"
They were good sports to do the interviews!
I took pictures of the interview as well as video taped it on my camera. I will post the pictures later on tonight. I'll be posting the video tonight from the news as well.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Channel 2 News TONIGHT! (Superstars)
Posted by Suzers at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That's so awesome! Please post a link us outoftowners can't view otherwise! How you been anyway girl? let's chat soon!
Hooray! Dad and Edie are Superstars! Both of them looked great and got the point across. I was a little offended when the news anchor said that all of us who are insured end up paying extra for those who aren't. In a lot of cases, this is true - but I recall how it took dad 10+ years to pay off hospital and doctor bills from our mom. I guess the most important thing is we do our best...that's what matters. Sister...I don't think they needed a dirty, homeless-looking girl to get their point across! You'll be in their archives! :P
Sister...The video is now on Channel 2's website. Check it out. I think I saw your shadow.
Peeing my pants at 6a.m.! That was a funny post can't wait to see the news!!!
Post a Comment