
*Thanks to those that DID/HAS/ARE/WILL Serve*
The past few months have been definitely trying times. Trial after trial, problem after problem. It seems to never end. However this past Sunday I was at my dads house watching the Baseball Playoffs(Go Dodgers! poor Yankees!). I was emailing a friend and our emails were back and forth about the services, war, memorials, etc. Later that night I layed in bed thinking about our conversation, the pictures and websites I had viewed earlier. The feeling of gratitude came over me.
I realize that the decisions, we as humans make in our daily lives, are a big factor in how our life plays out. (This I am witnessing first hand) However the thought of being at home with a peace of not having to worry about bombs, shots from rifles, people screaming, basically the sounds of war... I am truly blessed. I have a job, home, family, friends, beautiful landscapes all around me. I have freedom to come and go as I please. I have the freedom to say what I find necessary. I have the freedom to do most anything (in legal limits of course!)Life could definitely be worse!
I am grateful to my grandfather, dad, brother and my relatives for serving! I am grateful for my dear friends that are serving and going to serve. My old roommate Tyler will be going (in his words) "play grown up GI Joe" in Iraq October 20th. My other dear friend will be going through training and then shipped off later in the next year or two. People close to my heart are making it possible for me to experience Freedom! I am grateful for the many Thousands of other individuals that I don't even know that make it so I live in a safe place!
I guess sometimes we take for granted the fact that we are Americans with Freedom!




3 comments:
Well said Suz!!! Wonderful post...
Thank you for writing this sister! Having had Rhonda's daughter serve in Baghdad with the Air Force, we are also very aware and grateful for the soldiers that are putting their lives on the line for our freedom. Knowing the mental problems Grandpa W. had after serving in WWII, I appreciate them even more. We keep the soldiers in our thoughts and prayers always! May God bless them and may they come home to their families, safe and sound. We are blessed Sherril returned safe!
Hey Suz, thanks for the great words and my daughter thanks you too. Ro
Post a Comment