Saturday, February 12, 2011

**Snowshoeing...withOUT the shoes part**


My dear friend Phillip and I took advantage of the snow (that every other Utard hates) and spent the day up Big Cottonwood canyon snowshoeing! Well one of us anyway! ha ha! I pulled my things together that morning and made sure everything was there.. camelback-check, coat-check, snowpants-check, snowshoes-check, etc etc.. On the way to meet his California Raisin butt (he's a Utard transplant! Don't hold it against him!) I stopped at REI and rented him shoes. We get up to the parking lot, start getting dressed and he says "did you not bring your snowshoes?" I laughed and thought oh wouldn't that be funny. Well come to find out, I didn't grab them! (hey Good Job Suzers!) Well lucky for me I had my good ole yak traks, I figured they would work just as well... in some spots I found out! :) An easy hike but sometimes it's the company, scenery and just getting away from the city! (which yes I tend to do a lot) What a great day! Thank you Phil for being my side kick for the day!



(this is where snowshoes would have come in handy on the hill!)
The hole of the donut!
.....and the California Raisin.. bless his heart, he's having a hard time admitting he's a Utard! :)

0 comments: