Tuesday, January 13, 2009

**Time**

Time.

What an interesting word. What exactly is it? What exactly does it mean? No better person to ask those questions than myself!

Time is something I'm always racing against! Whether it be to Dads house for dinner or a family party (which might I add I'm always at 90th South when he calls and asks "where are you - you are late") Or racing against the time for deadlines at work... At times it feels like Time is not in my favor! I think a lot of people can agree with me there.

As I really look back at the past two years I am really starting to understand what "Time" means to me.

Time is what heals a broken heart. Time is what allows you to move on. Time is what allows you to get to know an amazing person that will make an impact in your life/soul. Time gives me something to look forward to! Time is something I'm asking myself "where did it go". Time is a moment when I realize I am stronger than the credit I give myself. Time is that moment when I get chills and know LIFE IS GOOD! Time is that feeling that I know God helps me everyday of my life. Time is the memory that I experienced with someone special.

Life is a crazy and interesting thing! Turning 29 and I'm finally discovering who "I" am. Who "I" want to be. Why now? Well it's MY TIME! My time to grow and learn from all the experiences and trials I've been through. I look back just a few years ago and think.. wow.. I was dumb! It's my time to really have personal growth! I have had so many opportunities and lessons but it wasn't my time to understand why they were happening to me!

If I could go back in TIME would I ? Would I go back in time and have my mom not pass away from Cancer. NO. Would I go back to high school and push myself with studying. YES. Would I go back to sacrificing some of my nights to be with family members that needed me in times of need. NO. Would I go back in time and not get married. NO. Would i not open my door for my little brother. NO. Would I not find love for the second time and have it end. NO. These things have made me who I am! (I could be a little more book smart with the school part but what can I say I liked being the "social butterfly" that my dad called me! I would not change my past. I would change some of the ways I reacted to situations. However that is a lesson learned.

I love time and what it brings in my life! I love the time I am able to spend with my nieces and nephews! I love the time I have to be alone up in the mountains. I love the time that is hard and gets me down on my knees to pray.

Life is good. Definitely hard and frustrating at times but I do love it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Suz....