Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Survived One More Year!

Or is it 29 candles on top of the cake? I wish I could say I'm feeling old... but that is clearly not the case! I still feel 25 and from the conversation that Dad had with Sister and I Sunday.. I apparently act 15!! hahaha How this will never change!


In 29 years I have experienced a lot. I mean a lot! Some of the situations have taken years to learn and grow from- but I have done so! I'm actually excited to see what (or who) the next 29 years bring me!

I was talking to a wise man (my brother Bart) and he gave me this quote: "If, as do trees, our souls had rings to measure the years of greatest personal growth, the wide rings would likely reflect the years of greatest moisture -- but from tears, not rainfall." Neal A. Maxwell




This quote actually was EXACTLY what I needed to hear! It hit me hard! That night as I put my book down and got into bed my mind started working 1000mph! Remembering people, situations, places I've been, things I've done, etc. I actually came to the conclusion that the past three years have been the hardest years of my life thus far! However the past three years have been the years I have learned more about myself and well the meaning of Love.

I never knew that the Love you have for yourself can either make you or break you! I learned that the advise that came from my family and friends was Love. I learned that the word Love should not be taken lightly. I have learned that someone really did love me and someone just used Love as a cover up. I have learned that Love for someone is hard to move on from.


Twenty nine after the day of my birth- It amazes me how much I'm still learning about life! I wonder how long it took Albert Einstein to learn these things! :)


Thank you for all the birthday wishes! My family and friends are definitely an important part of my life!


I also want to wish (a few days late) Cecelia a Very Happy Birthday! (January 24)

1 comments:

Deezer and Ro said...

Oh sister! I am thinking dad meant you acted younger than 15. I did laugh when he asked us how old we were then told us to act our age! You have given him many gray hairs!