Sunday, November 28, 2010

*Journey of Life*

There is a point in ones life when giving unto others is satisfying. Leaving your soul and heart full. Giving becomes second nature without thinking twice about it. There is also a point in ones life when receiving from others is a lesson that needs to be learned. This has been a difficult lesson for me but has been a humble and gratifying journey.

Many thoughts and feelings have been racing through my mind. Sadness, Anger, Confusion, Hurt.... Emotions that have left me wiping away tears from my eyes. Emotions that have left me closing my eyes sitting in silence only to notice the breathe of my soul going in and out of my body. I am really embracing this time. These emotions are my stepping stool that is bringing me closer to the vision I have of who I am.

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
--Aristotle

My inner fire is burning and becoming stronger. I know what I deserve. I know that sitting back and waiting for people to say or treat me a certain way is not always a good thing. I am learning that I need to ask for what I want with words. Humans can't and don't want to read my mind. I am a giver. I am a strong woman. I am worth more than I have given myself credit for. One day I will find a special individual that loves me and is proud to be with me for me.

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life.
--Herbert Otto


I am walking with my head held high. I am embracing who I am. I am loving who I am. I am loving the progress I have made. I am the one in charge of how my destiny plays out. I am in charge of what energy is let in and out of my life.

Yesterday is the past for a reason. I know that I no longer need to talk or think about it. The past has made me who I am today. I am living in the present. As for the future, the energy and effort I give to my present is going to make my future amazing!

I sit here with a tears in my eyes. A tear of strength. A tear of gratitude. A tear of knowing that I have people that stand behind me and love me for who I am. I am ME and I love knowing that "ME" is a beautiful human being.

Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.
--Swedish Proverb

1 comments:

Deez Nutz said...

You are absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you so much for being wonderful YOU. I am beyond lucky that you are my sister and proud to call you my best friend. I love you so much!